The App Store, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and Apple Music can all be accessed with your Apple ID. Other services within the Apple ecosystem include FaceTime and Apple Music.
A fresh Apple device setup also requires one. As with any password, you should update it right away if you believe it may have been compromised. To keep it even safer, it’s a good idea to update it every few months.
When choosing a new password, make sure to use at least one number, one uppercase letter, and one lowercase letter. The password should also be at least eight characters long. A password from the previous year cannot also be used again.
The procedures for changing your Apple ID password are listed below. Remember that these will only function if you are familiar with your current password. If you completely lost it, you will need to reset your password via Apple’s system, which you can do from any of your Apple devices.
In just six easy steps, you may modify your iPhone’s iCloud password. This is the procedure.
How to Change Your iCloud Password on An iPhone
- Go into the iPhone’s Settings.
- Locate “Passwords & Accounts” and click it.
- Under Accounts, choose iCloud.
- Click “Password & Security”.
- At the top, click “Change Password.” Make sure your password complies with the following requirements: it must be at least eight characters long and contain a number, an uppercase letter, and a lowercase letter.
- After twice entering your new password, click “Change.”
On your Mac
- The Apple ID tile can be accessed by selecting System Preferences from the Apple menu in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on Security & Password.
- Then select Change Password.
- Put in the password you use to access your Mac.
- Enter and validate your new password.
- Select Change.
On the Web
- Please visit appleid.apple.com.
- Sign into your Apple ID account by clicking Sign In in the top menu bar.
- From the side menu, choose Security and Sign-In.
- Choose Password.
- Enter your current password first, followed by a new one and a confirmation.
- By checking the box, you can also decide to log out of all websites and Apple devices from this page.
- Click Password Change.