Email signatures are a nice finishing touch that makes it easier for recipients to reach you. However, manually entering your name and contact information into each message is time-consuming and pointless. You can avoid repeatedly writing your contact information on each response by using automatic signatures.
If you use Microsoft Outlook for correspondence, you can have your emails automatically signed. For desktop and mobile, see the following.
How to Set up Your Outlook Email Signature on Desktop
There are a few different ways to access the signature area in Outlook, but I find the following to be the simplest:
1. Open Outlook in your browser and log in.
2. Select “Settings” from the menu in the top right corner.
3. In the search box, type “email signature,” and then select it from the drop-down selection.
4. Type the signature you wish to appear in your emails in the Email signature box. This can be your name alone or it can also contain your contact information, the logo of your business, and any other details you’d like to give.
5. Optional: By checking the boxes next to the signature field, you can decide whether your signature will be automatically added to new messages, messages you forward, and messages you reply to.
6. Although clicking View All Outlook Settings is the faster option, you can instead search for “email signature” if you like. To access the section of Outlook where you may modify your signature, select Compose and Reply from there.
7. You can click New Message once you’ve finished writing a signature to preview how it will appear.
In Outlook, you may customize your sign’s message, font, and style as well as include photographs.
Cnet/Sherley Brown on iOS and Android, How to Set up Your Email Signature
1. Download the Outlook app and sign in.
2. Select Outlook by tapping the symbol in the top-left corner. If you’re using iOS, you’ll press the icon in the upper left corner instead, which will be an icon with your name’s first letter.
3. Press the bottom-left Settings gear icon.
4. Select Signature from the drop-down menu. Depending on your device, your signature by default says “Get Outlook for Android” or “Get Outlook for iOS.”
5. Tap the Signature button to empty the message area.
6. Enter your name and/or a way to reach you. On Android, click the checkbox. If you’re using iOS, it will immediately store your work.
You can see your signature when you start a new message, just like when you set one up on a desktop.
How to Include a Signature in An Outlook Email
When you begin a new, empty email message in Outlook, the signature ought to immediately appear if you set up each of your email accounts with a default signature. Change the signature or add one if you don’t have a default by following these steps:
1. Open Outlook and then click “New Email” in the ribbon bar to create a blank email message.
2. Click the ribbon bar in the untitled email message. Press “Signature.”
3. From the drop-down list, select the signature you want to put.