You can acquire information from your apps without opening them if you install widgets on your phone’s home screen. The Calendar widget is one such example; it allows you to glance at the next few events on your calendar without actually launching the Calendar program.
Some widgets are preinstalled on Android devices, but if you want to add a widget to your home screen that isn’t listed in the widgets menu, you’ll need to install the software that goes along with it.
Put Widgets To Work on Your iOS Devices. iPhone and iPod Touch
Widgets allow you to quickly get relevant data from your preferred programs.
Widgets on the Home Screen are available in iOS 14 and later and allow you to keep your most frequently used apps and data at your fingertips. Alternatively, widgets from Today View may be accessed from the Home Screen or Lock Screen by swiping right.
Build Your Home Screen using Widgets:
- To make the apps wiggle on the Home Screen, touch and hold a widget or an empty spot.
- Gray add button located in the top left corner, tap it.
- Choose a widget, adjust the size of the widget to one of three presets, and then press the Add
- Widget button.
- Select the End button.
From Today View, Add Widgets By Doing The Following:
- The widget’s contextual menu can be accessed by touching and holding it.
- Choose Menu > Home > Edit.
- To add the widget to your Home Screen, simply move it such that it is visible on the right side of the screen.
- Select the End button.
To The Today View, Add Widgets:
- To make the apps wiggle in Today View, touch and hold a widget or the blank space.
- To add something new, click the grey plus button in the top left corner.
- Select a widget from the menu on the right, and then pick one of three available sizes.
- Select Add Widget and then Finish.
Edit Your Widgets’ Settings:
Widget customization is available in iOS 14 and later. The weather widget, for instance, can be customized to display the prediction for your present area or another one of your choosing. How? Read on!
- If you tap and hold a widget, a list of shortcuts will appear.
- Use the Edit Widget button to modify the widget.
- After making your edits, tap anywhere outside the widget to save and close it.
Furthermore, you can rearrange your widgets so that your most often used ones are always at the top. In order to reposition a widget on the screen, simply tap and hold it until it wiggles.
- To remove/delete a widget, simply touch and hold it.
- Select the widget you wish to eliminate and tap the Remove button.
- Repeatedly tapping the Remove button would confirm the action.
Put Widgets To Work On Your Android Devices:
- Add a Widget. To do this, simply press and hold an empty area of a Home screen.
- Select Widget
- Select and hold a gadget with your finger. You will be able to save screenshots of your Start menu.
- Set the desired position for the widget by dragging its handle. Lift your finger.
Some programs provide widgets; use them if you find them useful. Use the app by touching and holding it. Select Widgets next.
Adjust The Size Of A Widget
- Keep the Home screen widget selected by touching and holding it.
- Raise a finger. Widgets that can be resized are indicated by a dashed outline.
- You can adjust the widget’s dimensions by dragging the dots.
- To dismiss the widget, simply tap anywhere else on the screen.
- Feel free to grab and hold the object.
- Pull it up to the Remove menu.
- Lift your finger.
Either “Remove” or “Uninstall” can be present. When you tap “Remove,” an app/widget disappears from your Home screen permanently. Selecting “Uninstall” will permanently remove it from your mobile device.