Avoid having extra pages or blank ones appear at the conclusion of your Microsoft Word document.
Tables, multiple ENTER key presses, unneeded section breaks, accidental page breaks, excess paragraph markers, and similar factors can all contribute to a document’s length growing by unneeded pages.
If you’re worried that your Word document will look unprofessional because of this bug, read on: I’ll teach you how to remove blank and additional pages in Word.
Even though I’ll be using Microsoft Office 2016, anyone can follow along with this course because the principles are universal.
Removal Of A White Space Between Pages In Microsoft Word:
Before presenting or printing a lengthy Word Document, be sure there are no blank pages or an extra last page.
- To create a new paragraph, press CTRL + SHIFT + 8 or select the Paragraph icon from the Home menu.
- This keystroke combination also inserts paragraph markers () at the end of each paragraph and the first line of each new blank page created whenever the ENTER key is pressed.
- Select the paragraph markers using your mouse or trackpad, and then press the DELETE key to get rid of the stray pages. Pressing the BACKSPACE key will delete any remaining markings.
- For those who have the time to spare, you can also delete the blank pages by going to them and repeatedly pressing the BACKSPACE key until the paragraph markers disappear.
How To Remove A Blank Page From A Word Document?
- Go to the View tab and erase any blank pages that may have been inserted at the conclusion of your document.
- Select the Navigation Pane. This will bring up a toolbar with three sections: “Headings,” “Pages,” and “Results.” When you select Pages, the document’s individual pages will load in the right-hand column.
- The currently displayed page will become the active one. Select the blank page you want to delete by clicking on it, and then press the DELETE key on your keyboard.
Pressing the BACKSPACE key will also get rid of this Extra Blank Page.
With the knowledge you gained here, you can now make your Word Documents look more polished by eliminating unnecessary blank pages.
Your attention is appreciated. Please forward this information along to anyone who might benefit from it.