Pre-installed on Vizio TVs are a slew of TV-specific Android apps. However, you may not be able to utilize certain programs on your Vizio TV because the TV does not have a Software Store or does not offer the app that you desire to use. In the meanwhile, here is a guide that will help you get apps on your Vizio TV without using the “V” button.
There are three ways to install apps on your Vizio Smart TV without having to press the V button. The Vizio Smartcast TV remote’s Home button serves the same purpose as the TV’s V button.
Then, Here Are Three Ways To Get Apps On A Vizio TV.
Option – 1
Using the Vizio Internet Apps (Plus) Platform, You Can Install Apps.
- The Internet should be connected to your Vizio TV.
- Once you’ve done this, click the “Home” button on your television remote twice. When you press the home button, you’ll see a V or the Home icon.
- Your television applications will now be shown on a new screen for your viewing pleasure. There will be tabs for My Apps, Featured Apps, Newest Apps, All Apps, and Categories.
- To find the App you wish to install on your television, look through the Featured, Newest, Apps, and Categories areas. A search for the app you’re looking for is also an option.
- To install a new app, choose the app and press the OK button on your TV remote until the new app appears in the My Apps section.
And this is how you use the Vizio Internet Apps Store to install apps on Vizio TVs with or without the V button.
Option – 2
Vizio TV apps can be used via screencast.
Because Vizio TVs come with a restricted number of apps, you may not be able to utilize some apps on your TV that you would like to use. So, how do you use these apps on your television? The screencast is the best and simplest way to use these programs.
Using the Screencast function on most Vizio TVs makes it simple to stream an app from a mobile device to the big screen. If you have a Vizio TV, here’s how you can screencast to it:
- Do you have the same Wi-Fi network on your Vizio TV and mobile device? You must be connected to the same network as your TV in order for your mobile device to recognize the wireless display.
- Open the app you wish to cast from the start. Open the app in question, such as YouTube, and select the Connect to device icon from the menu that appears.
- To begin screencasting to a Vizio TV, simply select it from the list of available wireless displays on the same network.
Streaming a laptop’s screen to a Vizio TV
Windows 10 laptops are capable of casting their displays on a TV through HDMI. how you can accomplish it is here Connect your computer to the same WiFi as your Vizio TV much like with mobile devices.
1. Select the three-dot menu on your laptop’s Google Chrome browser by clicking on it. Alternatively, you can use another browser that offers the same functionality as Google Chrome.
2. From the main menu, select the Cast option. As a result, it’s going to start searching for your wireless display. Afterward, you can either share your browser’s screen or the entire system, including audio.
3. Your laptop and Vizio TV should be on the same Wi-Fi network for mobile casting to work.
Mobile screen sharing via iPhone and iPad on Vizio TVs
- Airplay 2, Apple’s equivalent of screen mirroring, is also included with the Vizio TVs. Screencasting on an iPhone can be used to run apps on Vizio TVs. Look for the Apple Airplay symbol in the streaming app on your iPhone or iPad.
- To get your device to start hunting for your wireless TV, simply tap on the icon. Ensure that both of your devices are connected to the same wireless network before attempting to connect.
- You may now stream content directly from your phone or tablet to your television. It’s also possible to transmit music and photographs to the big screen in the same way.
Google Chromecast And Roku Are Examples Of Streaming Devices
Chromecast and Roku players can also be used to stream content to your television. Just make sure they’re both on the same wifi network before you proceed.
With the Vizio SmartCast App for Android and iOS you can see what apps are installed on your TV and use your app to broadcast video directly onto the TV. However, not all Vizio TVs are equipped with all of the below-listed applications and casting options. If this is the case, the methods listed below can be used to install programs on Vizio TVs. Continue on to the next section to find out more.
Availability of Vizio TV models and features
- In order to use apps, you must use the Vizio Connected TV Store for VIZIO VIA & VIA Plus televisions that were released up until 2017.
- There are no built-in apps for VIZIO SmartCast HD TVs released between 2016 and 2017 that you may use. There is no other option but to use screen casting.
- External app installation is not possible for VIZIO SmartCast 4K UHD TVs released between 2016 and 2017 and SmartCast TVs released in 2018. Use the pre-installed apps or the cast feature on your Android or iOS mobile device or tablet to screencast.