How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps?
Many people’s lives have been significantly easier as a result of Google Maps. It has several other important features in addition to getting you from point A to point B.
It can inform you of the operating hours for public transit, neighboring gas stations, dining establishments, and many other things. Additionally, you can bookmark the place on your map for later use or send it to friends.
You can save a location for later by pinning it on Google Maps. You can drop a pin to indicate that a location is flagged if it lacks an address or if the address is incorrect.
You can find these areas again with the use of pins. Pins can be used to designate a meeting location. We’ll explain how to drop a pin in Google Maps on both mobile and desktop in this article.
What Is a Pin on Google Maps?
A dropped pin is similar to a bookmarked location on your device that can be saved, shared, or useful if you frequently visit that spot. Every time you visit, there is no need to do a search for the location. Now that you are aware of what a dropped pin is, let’s move on to its benefits.
1. Dropped Pin for Directions
Google Maps’ primary goal is to point you in the right direction. The dropped pin feature may come in handy for you if you are unsure of a specific place or address.
The dropped pin can be used as a beginning or an end. Sadly, there is no option that allows a dropped pin to start or terminate at either location.
2. Save a Pin Location
A dropped pin that is saved is added to a list connected to your Google account. After that, you’ll be able to use it with any of your devices.
Favorites, Want to go, and Starred Places are the three pre-existing lists. You are able to make your own unique lists. You can make more lists by saving your pinned locations from the application’s main menu (and erasing the defaults).
Each list can be shared with a large number of other individuals, made public or private, or both. Additionally, group lists that anybody can add to can be made; these are especially useful for trips and day trips.
3. Share a Dropped Pin
The Google Maps desktop application offers four ways to share a dropped pin with other users. You can pick one of the following alternatives on a desktop:
- The automatically generated short links can be copied and pasted to share pinned destinations with other people.
- Simply click on the Facebook icon on the right to share a location with your Facebook friends.
- You can share your link on Twitter by clicking the Twitter icon.
- To insert the location into a website, copy the HTML code.
Note: You must utilize the native share option offered by your operating system if you’re sharing a dropped pin location from an Android or iOS device. There won’t be any more access to the embed option.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps on Mobile?
The process for dropping a pin in Google Maps is essentially the same whether you are using an Android or an iOS smartphone. The process of placing a pin on Google Maps has become remarkably simple with the new edition of the program.
In actuality, the new app automatically drops a pin, even if you don’t want it to. The software will automatically pin a location when you conduct a search for it. You can do it manually by following the instructions listed below.
- Open the Google Maps app on your smartphone.
- Either identify the spot on the map where you wish to drop a pin or search for a location using the search box at the top of the screen.
- To drop a pin, you must push and hold the screen.
- Just lightly tap and hold.
- To get driving directions there, tap the pin.
- You can save or share it as well.
- Simply pinch out is all that is required to remove the pin.
- You’ll see a box at the top of the screen that says “Dropped Pin” and has an X on it after pinching out.
- To remove the pin, tap the X.
How to Drop a Pin in Google Maps on PC?
The fact that you can also drop a pin on your PC is a little-known fact. There are two ways to place a pin in a specific location when using Google Maps on a Windows 10 PC or Mac.
You can manually place a pin on any point on the map or use the search bar to automatically place one on a location on the map. Here is how to go about it.
- You must first visit the Google Maps homepage.
- Find the area where you want to drop the pin or use the search box to find it.
- After then, left-click exactly where you want it.
- The map will display a little grey pin symbol, and a pop-up information box with more details will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- When you click the information box, a new panel will appear on the left side of the screen with more options and information.
- You must sign in with your Google Account in order to save the location.
- That is how to Drop a Pin in Google Maps on both a PC and a mobile device.
- Each step has a picture for your reference attached.
Check Our Website to get more updates: www.therconline.com