For Android users, Paytm has recently implemented support for the Tap to Pay function, which allows them to make bank card payments by simply tapping their phone’s screen. The capability is comparable to Samsung Pay and Google Pay, allowing users to make payments at the point of sale (PoS) machines using NFC. A debit or credit card isn’t needed to make payments. An Internet connection isn’t required for this function to work. Because NFC payments are only available through Apple Pay, iPhone owners will not be able to take advantage of the feature.
If you’re shopping at a store, restaurant, or grocery store that accepts NFC card readers, you can use Tap to Pay. Adding a bank card to the Paytm app is the first step, following which the card is “tokenized” so it can be used at payment terminals. Another benefit is that the original card details are not shared with a merchant when making a purchase with the Tap to Pay feature, making it easier to avoid carrying bank cards.
Here’s A Fast Guide To Enabling Paytm’s Tap To Pay Feature:
- Visit the Google Play store to update your Paytm app.
- Tap to Pay is available in the Paytm app.
- If you don’t have any cards saved, tap the Add New Card button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Proceed to Verify Card on the next screen after entering your credit card information.
- Be careful you read and agree to the terms of service provided by the card issuer.
- To activate Tap to Pay, enter the One Time Password (OTP).
Here’s How To Use Tap To Pay On Your Smartphone To Make Payments:
- NFC should be enabled on your smartphone.
- If the contactless payment emblem is visible on the PoS machine place your smartphone near it.
- Stay connected with your phone until the transaction is over.
- Enter your PIN on the PoS machine for transactions over Rs. 5000.
- Check your phone for a message letting you know that the transaction was successful.
The 16-digit Primary Account Number (PAN) of a credit card was converted into a digital transaction code in order to create these capabilities. Using this code, the user does not have to disclose any credit card information with the PoS machine in order to pay for the transaction.
In order to use Paytm Tap to make NFC payments on Android, you must first enable it. The contact form for this page is open to any questions you may have. Please share this post with your friends and loved ones to show your support.