Regarding virtual social interaction, Facebook covers all the bases. Playing games, cross-posting to Instagram, joining community groups with others who share similar interests, and more are all possible through social media.
Yet, how much of your Facebook activity do you handle with discretion? You might not be up to anything shameful or illegal, but not everyone likes having their every step monitored online.
Your Facebook activity and profile information may be visible to the whole public and even your friends, but you have some control over who sees what.
Securing your account is easy to perform and will only take a few minutes of your time. What follows is the crucial information.
Can I Alter The Default Sharing Practice With Existing Privacy Controls?
Setting your default sharing choice to Friends rather than Public is a simple method to restrict who can see your future posts. By limiting access to your postings to friends only, you can maintain a more private presence on the social media platform.
- Follow these steps to access your Facebook Privacy Settings and Tools:
- Use the arrow button in the top right corner of any Facebook screen.
- To change your settings and your privacy, click the gear icon.
- Pick Your Settings
- Choose Privacy from the menu on the left.
- The first item listed is Who can see your future posts. Select Edit and then change it to Friends if it reads Public.
- To permanently commit the new settings, click the Close button.
You can also modify the audience for prior postings on this screen. Look for a section labeled Limit the audience for posts you’ve shared with friends of friends or the Public. First, choose Limit Old Posts, and then select it again.
Note: This setting switches your past posts that were marked Friends of Friends or Public to Friends. You can modify the default privacy setting on individual postings whenever you like.
Also Read: Facebook Not Working? 7 Easy Ways To Fix It!
Just How Can You LockDown Your Mobile Facebook Account?
- Once you’ve located the Facebook App icon, tap it.
- Open the menu by tapping the menu button (it looks like three parallel horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of the screen, and then navigate to the “Settings and Privacy” subheading.
- To adjust your privacy settings, Tap on “Settings and Privacy,” followed by “Privacy shortcuts,” which will appear beneath it.
- Under the “Privacy” header on the “Privacy shortcuts” screen are a number of options. Select the “View additional privacy settings” link. Doing so will bring up the window where you may inspect and modify your current preferences.
- To modify the audience for your future and archived posts, as well as the individuals, sites, and lists you follow, select the appropriate option under “Your activity.” In the dropdown menu that displays, adjust your option to “Only me” so that it is fully private.
- Repeat step 5 for each of the choices under “How people can locate and contact you” to complete the privatization of your Facebook information.
- Note that you may also manage your profile to make your birthdate, relationships, and other profile information private as well under the “Manage your profile” option on the “Privacy settings” screen.