On January 16th, 2021, India began its vaccine campaign against the Covid-19 virus. Frontline healthcare professionals were the first to get immunized, followed by those 60 and 45 years old in phases 2 and 3.
As of May 1, 2021, immunizations will be available to anybody over the age of 18 starting from that date. In addition to protecting you from Covid-19, the vaccine minimizes the likelihood that you will transfer the virus.
A vaccination campaign in India, which is so diverse and big, might be a logistical nightmare.
That is precisely what the CoWIN application aims to achieve!
CoWIN Portal: What Is It?
In order to schedule their COVID-19 immunizations, Indians can use this website to register and arrange appointments at a vaccination center near them. You will need your COVID Vaccine Certificate (CVC) as proof of immunization once you have been immunized.
You have the option of registering on the CoWIN website or through the CoWIN mobile app. You can also use the Arogya Setu app or the Umang portal to sign up.
In India, How Do I Get A COVID Vaccination?
In CoWIN, sign up for a COVID vaccination.
Here’s how to get the Covid-19 vaccine in India:
Registration for the immunization drive can be done through the CoWIN portal by anyone who meets the eligibility requirements.
- There are a few things you need to do before you can use the CoWIN platform:
- In the second step, you’ll be sent an OTP to confirm your phone number before continuing.
- To complete the registration process, you’ll need to provide a valid photo ID and provide your personal information, such as your age, gender, and so on.
- As the last step, you can set an appointment at a nearby vaccination center at any time that works for you.
Use The Aarogya Setu App To Register For A Vaccination In CoWIN
The Aarogya Setu app can also be used to complete the process. This, however, necessitates a distinct set of procedures.
Using the Aarogya Setu app, you can create an account by following these steps:
- Go to the “CoWIN” tab and click “Register Now” in Aarogya Setu to get started.
- Enter your mobile phone number and receive an OTP to confirm your identity.
- Fill out the application form and attach a photo ID as verification of your identity (like Aadhaar card, PAN card, driving license, etc).
- Once you’ve completed this step, you’re ready to register. A confirmation message will be sent to the phone number you provided.
- Using your location and pin code, you may now select a vaccination site that is convenient for you and schedule a time slot.
Use The UMANG App To Register For A Vaccination In CoWIN
The UMANG app can also be used to sign up for CoWIN. What you’d need to do is follow these steps:
- Select “CoWIN” under “Health” in your UMANG app’s Health menu.
- Select ‘Register or Login For Vaccination,’ then input your cellphone number and confirm it with an OTP.
- Upon completion of Step 2, you’ll be taken to a registration page where you’ll need to provide a valid photo ID and provide your personal information, such as your full name, age, birthplace, and gender.
- You have the option to add an additional up to four recipients if necessary.
- Next, select “Schedule Appointment” to reserve a time window based on your location and pin code.
CoWIN Registration Requirements Documents Checklist
Those registering for the Covid-19 vaccine would need to provide one of the following documents:I
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID
- Pension Document
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- EPIC or the Electoral Photo Identity Card.
Other Registration Methods
Offline registration is also available for those who don’t have an Internet connection or who prefer offline registration.
Sadly, this option is only available to those who are 45 and older. There are two ways to accomplish this:
- On-Site Registrations – People will have to walk into government and commercial clinics to register and receive the vaccine.
Recall that two doses of the same vaccine must be administered in order to complete the immunization series (such as Covaxin or Covishield). But once registered, one does not have to re-register before the second shot.
A vaccination certificate can be downloaded through the Co-WIN portal or the Aarogya Setu app using the mobile phone you provided at the time of registration once you have received the vaccine. In the event of a trip, or in specific cases, a vaccination certificate may be required.
Vaccination Costs for Coronavirus
Most state government hospitals and vaccination centers will give out the Covid-19 vaccine for free. However, private medical facilities will charge patients for these vaccinations.