One of the most widely used social media platforms worldwide is Snapchat. Sharing pictures, videos, and messages both privately and in groups of friends is common among young audiences. The service is accessible via the web, iOS for iPhones and iPads in the App Store, and Android in the Play Store.
With billions of downloads and about 363 million active users every day, Snapchat has survived in the competitive social media market. Although Snapchat mobile apps are well-designed and packed with features, they occasionally fail to function as intended.
When Snapchat won’t open or function properly on your iPhone or cheap Android phone, you could feel out of the loop.
What To Do If Snapchat Isn’t Functioning or Working Slowly?
The most often asked questions from users when Snapchat is unavailable or not functioning are “What’s wrong with my Snapchat?” and “Why is my Snapchat not working?” You may be wondering the same thing if you are unable to send and receive Snaps.
You can undoubtedly blame Snapchat’s servers in this scenario, which means millions of other users are experiencing the same issue. When Snapchat’s servers aren’t functioning properly, it’s typically because they’re busy, need maintenance, or have some sort of technical issue.
Go to Downdetector to see whether Snapchat is down. The status of apps and websites, including Snapchat, is accurately reported on this website. You may check an outage map and quickly determine whether other customers are having the same issues.
Read More: How to Make Your Own Online Avatar
How To Fix Snapchat Not Working?
There Are 8 Steps to Fix Snapchat :
Check if Snapchat Service is Down
It’s always a good idea to see if Snapchat is down if it all suddenly ceased functioning for you. Although Snapchat doesn’t have a live status page that updates in real-time, you might look at sites like Downdetector to see whether other users are having problems with the app.
Also, you might follow Snapchat’s official support account on Twitter, where the firm tweets updates regarding downtimes and server failures.
Reopen Snapchat and Log in Again
The next best option, if the Snapchat service is operating normally, is to close and restart the app. Simply swipe on the Snapchat card in the recent apps switcher to exit the application.
You could log out of your account and back in again to your account to re-sync all of your discussions if that does not resolve the problem and the app is still not working. Follow these instructions to accomplish that on your Android or iOS device:
- Tap the Bitmoji (or profile) icon in the top-left corner of the screen when Snapchat is open. Tap the “Settings” icon in the top-right corner of the profile page.
- Then click “Logout” at the bottom of the Settings screen after scrolling down. Then, touch “Logout” once more to confirm your decision in the pop-up window.
Restart Your Android or iPhone Device
Restarting your phone is one simple troubleshooting step you should try before continuing. Even though it might seem obvious, if the program isn’t opening or functioning as intended, A Simple Restart Can Often Fix The Problem. If rebooting the phone and launching the Snapchat app still didn’t solve the problem, try one of the additional fixes suggested below.
Examine Your Internet Connection
Checking your internet connection is a further underutilized remedy. It’s possible that you were unaware that your network provider was experiencing momentary connectivity problems, that you had used up all of your allotted data, or that you simply forgot to turn on network data.
If Snaps are having trouble loading on your Wi-Fi network, you can also try switching to mobile data. Follow our linked instructions on how to regain Snapstreak back in case the problem persists and you lose your Snapstreak with your pals.
Restart Snapchat with A Force
The program may occasionally resume functioning normally after being restarted. If that didn’t help, here’s how you can force the Snapchat app to close on an Android device:
- The I button will appear when you long-press the Snapchat app icon. Press “Force stop” on the “App Info” page that now appears to force-quit Snapchat.
- When the confirmation window opens, pick “OK” to force close Snapchat. After completing this, try accessing the Snapchat app to check if the problem has been resolved.
Empty the Snapchat App’s Cache
Clearing the app’s cache is another quick fix for the Snapchat not working issue. Only Android smartphones have the cache-clearing option. The app on your iPhone needs to be removed and then installed again. After that, let’s take a look at how it functions:
- To access the “App Info” tab, long-click the Snapchat app icon and press the I button. Click “Storage & cache” now.
- To delete the app’s cache that is stored on your device, press “Clear cache” when the Storage page displays. Open Snapchat and check to see if the issue has been resolved after clearing the cache.
Update the Snapchat App
You may not be able to access new Snapchat features because you are using an outdated version of the messaging service. The Snapchat app may then be updated from the Google Play Store or the iTunes Store.
Open the Play Store on your Android smartphone, touch on your profile image in the top right corner, and then select Manage apps & devices > Updates available (or select “Update All”). Open the App Store on your iOS device, then tap on your profile image in the top right corner.
Then, on the following screen, tap the “Update” button next to Snapchat. The older version of Snapchat may have caused errors that prevented you from seeing certain messages, but updating the app should resolve those problems.
If updating the program didn’t solve the problem, you might also want to try reinstalling it.
Read More: How to Set a GIF Profile Picture on Discord?
Snaps Aren’t Transmitting? Clearly Speaking on Snapchat
You have the option to clear the chat if you are unable to open it with a certain individual. Just in mind that doing so will delete all unsaved Snaps that the individual has sent you. To resolve the Snapchat not working issue, please follow the instructions below to clear a conversation.
- Launch Snapchat and click the Bitmoji (or profile) icon in the top-left corner of the app. To view Snapchat settings, hit the Settings icon in the top-right corner of your profile screen.
- Once you’ve reached the “Privacy” area, scroll down and click the “Clear Conversation” button. Your list of discussions will now appear. To end their conversation, use the “X” button next to the Snapchat display name.
- To delete the Snapchat discussion, hit “Clear” when the confirmation box displays. As stated by the firm, removing a conversation from the feed won’t remove any saved or sent messages associated with it.