As the year draws to a close, a number of apps, including YouTube, BeReal, and Spotify, have given their users the opportunity to relive significant events that marked 2022. Now, Instagram is enabling users to create recap reels!
In 2022, the app released a number of updates that improved the sharing of photos and videos. But there’s nothing like listening to a song by your favorite musician while reflecting on the memories that gave rise to these moments.
For 2022, Instagram has made four reel templates easily accessible for use in recap creation. This is how you do it.
How to Do Instagram Recap Reel 2022?
To get your Instagram recap reel in 2022, follow the instructions below.
- Open the app and you will see the ‘Create your 2022 recap reel’ notification pop on your feed.
- If you cannot find the above feature for any given reason, go to create reel option – the app’s regular feature.
- Select Templates and choose one from four options.
- Tap on add media and choose all the images and videos you want to add to your recap.
- Select next to preview the recap reel and finish editing.
- You can add a caption to the recap reel once it’s ready. The feature also allows you to tag people, add location and share it with others.
You Can Choose from Different Templates
The ability for customers to select from four templates that best suit their recap reel is what distinguishes the in-app feature.
In 2022, one of these four performers—Bad Bunny, Priah Ferguson, DJ Khaled, or Badshah—will narrate your summary video. The difference is as follows:
- The Bad Bunny template allows you to select up to 21 media, either in the form of pictures or videos.
- Priah Ferguson s and DJ Khaled’s templates allow up to 15.
- Meanwhile, with Badshah’s template, you can select 17 media.
Users react to the feature
The majority of Instagram users make jokes about having to write their own recaps, as opposed to other applications like BeReal that choose the finest of your moments and present them as a surprise.
Others, as usual, are ecstatic to see the year-end summaries of their friends.
I can’t wait to scroll over Instagram’s review of the 2022 clips, One wrote.
“Please, Instagram, provide a 2022 recap for stories that are identical to what BeReal accomplished. Thank you, another said.
Another tweet read: “Spotify: We analyzed all of the music you listened to this year and created a detailed breakdown of all of your favorite artists and where you rank among other fans. BeReal: We put all of your BeReals together into a short timelapse. Enjoy! Instagram: “Here is a template; create your own Recap.”